Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

I'm Not Sweating the Small Stuff in Writing This Blog

Do you fret over having perfect grammar, spelling, or punctuation when writing posts on your blog?  I've promised myself that I'm not going to. I probably should care about such things but I think a minimal effort, ie: proof reading at least once and using spell check will be good enough.  It's just my Ramblings for goodness sakes, it's not like I'm writing a book that will be published and sold on amazon, so why stress myself out? I can be quite anal doing certain things, willing to accept nothing less than perfection, going over and over it making myself crazy. But in reality, no matter how many times I look it over, there will always be some tiny little something that gets overlooked.  Until it goes public that is, then my mistake will become a glaring one, lit up like a neon sign, causing my blood pressure to rise as I hastily try to fix it before someone else notices it.

But I've decided to not let myself be perfectionistic about this blog.  I am going to focus more energy into conveying my thoughts instead.  I think that will keep it fun.  So if you notice a type-O, or that my grammar isn't so great, then you can just keep that to yourself :-).  I welcome comments about how you feel about what I've said, those comments are not only welcomed, they are encouraged!

What about you? Do you sweat over every single word instead of enjoying the act of writing something you will share publicly? Do you require yourself to write a certain number of posts on a strict routine? Or do you just write when the mood hits you, or you have something to get off your chest?  And finally, did you start out writing one way and now your writing style is totally different? Maybe your blog isn't even about the same subject that it began with? I'd love to hear about it!

Ami Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!